Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 3

Monday was a good day. I had class and we got out early. I really don't think I like summer semester. It's way to short, goes way to fast, and the classes go on forever! Luckily, I was able to get in some exercise in between my two classes. My school has an exercise room that's free for students to use. I used the elliptical machine and got in 1.72 miles in 20 minutes. It isn't very far but I'm very out of shape and I don't have much endurance. I'm hoping that that will change eventually! I'm a even a little sore today. I'm going to have to add some weight training into my routine in the next couple of weeks.
I ate:
1 small lemon poppyseed muffin
2 20 oz. waters
1 taco salad
1 serving of spaghetti
3/8 of a Totino's pepperoni pizza-it was cut into 8 pieces and I ate 3
1 large glass of water

I've found that I'm not drinking enough water. I need to start drinking more. I'm finding that the more that I write what I'm eating or drinking or exercising the more I'm realizing what I need to do. I'm loving that I can figure out what I need to do. I've taken classes and read many articles on what is necessary to become healthy. I need to now apply all that I've learned into my life. I think I'm going to take a couple of days and figure out what I want and what I need to do to get there. Just exercising and writing down what I'm eating won't be enough. I need to start eating more fruits and vegetable (blech) and drink more water. I need to add more exercise than just the 20 minutes of walking on an elliptical machine. I'll also need to set a schedule and stand by it. I'm sure once school gets out it'll be easier to schedule all that needs to be done. I can't wait for this to really get going and I can start seeing results.

2 comments:

  1. Good job!! It is hard getting in the habit of exercising, but you have to find a way to make it something you want to do. I had to take a break when I had the sinus surgery, and I pretty much needed a match under the butt to start again, but after I started again I remembered how great I feel when I exercise regularly, and how much more energy I have. I also set contests against myself to push myself harder. The drinking water is hard too, and I can finally say that it has become a habit, but that was a hard one to start. Especially since I was super addicted to soda, but now I have maybe one a day if that. Just keep telling yourself you can do it and you can. A book that helped me a ton was "This Is Why You Are Fat, and How To Get Thin Forever" by Jackie Warner. That is pretty much what I follow now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like sugar snap peas? I think they're delicious and they're a great crunchy snack! I also <3 baby carrots and there are actually some good ranch dressing out there that's lite or fat free. Just some suggestions =D

    ReplyDelete