Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm such a bad updater!

So, I keep slacking on writing on here. It's the week before finals so I've been very stressed and extremely busy. I still have some problems with saying no to some foods, but I think it'll get better after school ends on the 24th! I have been drinking lots of water and keeping active. While my food choices aren't the best, I've been doing better at not eating way too much and incorporating more fruits and vegetables in my meals. I drink a lot of juice as well. It really helps to get in some of the things that I'm missing.
My aunt asked me yesterday when we wanted to start Weight Watchers. I'm hoping soon, within the next month or so. Weight Watchers is the only sort of plan that I really like. It lets you choose what you want to eat, but you have to pay the points. I've done it before with my friend Tianna and I lost 20 pounds on it. It'll be nice to go back on it. I really liked it when I was on it.
I've noticed that my endurance on the elliptical has gone up. I've found that if I don't push myself to the extreme I can go for about 40 minutes and get over 3 miles done. It really helps me to think and let go of all sorts of things. It also helps me during the rest of the day. If I want to eat something super unhealthy, I don't really want to eat it because it'll undo everything that I've just done. Why fill up those lost calories with a candy bar? I eat a lot of baby carrots and apple slices instead. It helps with the sweet cravings. Now I have to find something that is healthy that will help with the salty cravings! Any advice or suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. 100 cal bag of popcorn is what i use. But I have found the longer I am eating healthy the less I crave things like sweet, or salt. Sometimes I still dream about a chocolate chip cookie the size of my head, but when I am awake unless there is a trigger, I usually don't crave anything, just feel hungry when it is time to eat. (By trigger, I mean walking into someones house that smells like cookies, or walking past the movie theater and smelling popcorn, but even if I start craving something I just drink water and think about something else.)

    ReplyDelete