Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 5, 6, & 7

I know it's been a couple of days since I've last written. Lets just say it's been a crazy couple of days. I've had the house to myself since Thursday and will have it to myself until tomorrow! It's been very nice and very quiet. I've also been in the process of trying to buy a car and yesterday I got approved for a loan to buy my sister's and brother's-in-law car! I'm super excited and can't wait to be able to pick it up in July.
So, I've been using this first week to kind of figure out what I eat and how much of it and how often I do eat. I've found that I do a lot of spontaneous eating and snacking. While that isn't too bad, it's not good either when the snacking is on foods like candy, chips, processed food, etc. I need to start packing my lunches and bring along snacks. I know that I can buy string cheeses, and snack sized packages of vegetables and fruits. That will be lots better for me in the long run (and cheaper too!).
The last few days, I haven't eaten so well. I have found that even though I'm eating not so well, I kind of feel guilty about it. Most of the time guilt isn't a good feeling, but I think in this area it is a good thing. I'm going to use that guilt for something good from now on. I'm also going to be more diligent in writing in my food/exercise journal. It helps to keep me more accurate and faithful to what I'm eating and doing for exercise.
I told my good friend Orlando that I don't want to start a diet. I want to eat healthier by incorporating more fruits and vegetable into my diet. I'm going to have to go slowly because there are a lot of things out there that I don't like. I'm going to have to train my body to like them and to accept them. It's going to take a while and there are bound to be set backs, so be patient with me when there are. I'm also going to have to figure out how to incorporate them into my meals. Living with a family that eats ok, but not perfectly, will be hard. They also like a lot of those vegetables that I don't like. I'm going to have to stop being so darned picky! I think this will be a true test of conviction, but I'm ready for it. Today, my baby sister, Laura (8), got her ears pierced. According to my mom, she didn't even cry. We are all so proud of her for deciding to do something that scared her. She set her mind to do something and did it! She is an inspiration for me. If an 8 year old can do something that scares her, than a 26 year old can as well.
Oh, awesome side note! I found out that my home scale is not accurate! It was telling me that I weighed 275 pounds. I used one of the doctor scales that the school has in the exercise room and found out that I'm actually 263. It was like an instant weight loss of 12 pounds. I loved it! I'll be using that scale now instead of the one here at home.
Thank you everyone for this wonderful first week. You are all a wonderful inspiration to me and I know that I wouldn't have been able to do this with you guys. I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Try baking veggies. spray a cookie sheet with olive oil pam then put some veggies on it. Give em a light spritz on top and play with seasonings then bake til golden around the edges. I love brussel sprouts and cauliflower this way. (i slice the brussel sprouts in half and place them face down. Then sprinkle with MSG free johnny's) Eggplant can be shredded, seasoned and cooked in a pan with pam to make a pretty yummy hash brown replacement. And most morning I have a protein shake (just whey protein from GNC, one scoop if having with something, two if meal replacement) and I put it in the blender with 10oz of water and 1 cup frozen spinich, and 1 cup frozen berries. It is a yummy chocolate berry shake with a hidden serving of veggies you can't taste at all :)

    ReplyDelete