Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 4!

First off I want to say thank you to all of you who leave comments, suggestions, or just motivation. You guys are the only reason I'm able to continue doing this. I have gotten many website recommendations, that have wonderful tips and motivational sayings. I have gotten healthy snack option ideas and encouragement. You all are all amazing and thank you for everything. Yesterday was a fun day. I got another 1.62 miles on the elliptical machine done. I didn't have quite the same energy as before but that's ok. I can't wait to be able to do more and go farther. I only go for 20 minutes at a time. If I set a time limit it works better for me. I don't think at the moment I can go much longer. I don't have enough stamina and energy to keep at it for too long. It'll be wonderful when I can either get further in the 20 minutes or go for longer than 20 minutes. There are some girls in the exercise room that seem to always be there when I'm there. They go further and faster than I do. The first day, I wanted to just keep going because I didn't want to seem like a wimp. However, I realized, I don't have to keep up with them. I don't have to impress them. I have no idea who these women are, so why do I have to compete with them? I'm going to go at my pace and at my level. It was kind of liberating to think that. Walking is such great thinking time.

I ate:
1 piece of dry toast
1 sausage, egg, and cheese muffin sandwich (not from McDonald's)
1 Naked Red Machine juice
1 large hot dog
3 20 oz. water
1 medium raspberry ice tea
1 medium Fanta orange soda
1/2 Cafe Rio's Chile Roast Beef Burrito
2 glazed donuts
1 3-egg omelet with diced turkey, parsley, and gouda cheese

Not a really healthy day. I tend to be a spontaneous eater. I need to figure out a way to stop randomly deciding to go to a restaurant or eating whenever and whatever. I think another goal is to make out a meal plan, not just what I'm going to eat, but when and where. I'm going to leave room for spontaneity, because where is the fun in life without it? It's hard to have that sort of a plan when I'm in school. I don't want to put it off for too long, but I may put it off until the end of this block (June 24). If I do do that, than I'm going to just slowly start incorporating it into my routine. I think having a better set schedule will not only help me to stay healthier physically but also mentally.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Peg! You are so amazing. There is a free website www.sparkpeople.com and it is a whole community of people losing weight and also maintaining their weight loss. They have calorie trackers and exercise trackers as well. It is a very good tool if you are interested. I love you and I am cheering for you all the way from Oregon! I love you very much :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristina!! There's also loseit.com that I've used before. The problem with them is that I always feels so constrained. I don't want that. I like that it helps to show you how much you've eaten in a day but some of them say you shouldn't eat more than this many calories. By doing it this way I'll feel less constrained, but realize what I'm eating. By doing that, I'm hoping that it'll kick me into healthier eating habits. This first week I'm not really changing my diet and what I eat. It helps me to know what I'm eating and how much of it I am eating. Then within the next couple of weeks, I'll gradually start myself on a healthier diet. I love you Kristina, and thank you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete